I received my Diploma in Applied Mathematics at the School of Applied Mathematical
and Physical Science in National Technical University of Athens.
My thesis was a numerical study of the performance of ecological composite materials.
I obtained my Master degree in Computational Mechanics
from the School of Chemical Engineering, NTUA.
I had been working for about a year in Cross-Media relations in multimodal discourse,
in the COGNIMUSE project.
I am currently a PhD student in the CVSP Group, under the supervision of Prof. Petros Maragos,
working in the field of Computer Vision. My research interests lie in the fields of gesture, action and emotion recognition, with a focus on Child-Robot Interaction.
- P. P. Filntisis, P. Koutras, N. Efthymiou, G. Potamianos, and P. Maragos,
Fusing Body Posture With Facial Expressions for Joint Recognition of Affect in Child--Robot Interaction,
IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters 4, no. 4 (2019): 4011-4018.
- A. Zlatintsi, P. Koutras, G. Evangelopoulos, N. Malandrakis, N. Efthymiou, K. Pastra, A. Potamianos and P. Maragos,
COGNIMUSE: a multimodal video database annotated with saliency, events, semantics and emotion with application to summarization,
EURASIP Journal on Image and Video Processing, Aug. 2017, 2017:54.
- I. Maglogiannis, A. Zlatintsi, A. Menychtas, D. Papadimatos, P.P. Filntisis, N. Efthymiou, G. Retsinas, P. Tsanakas, and P. Maragos
An intelligent cloud-based platform for effective monitoring of patients with psychotic disorders
In Int’l Conf. on Artificial Intelligence Applications and Innovation (AIAI-2020).
- G. Retsinas, P. P. Filntisis, N. Efthymiou, E. Theodosis, A. Zlatintsi, P. Maragos
Person Identification Using Deep Convolutional Neural Networks on Short-Term Signals from Wearable Sensors
In Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP-20)
- N. Efthymiou, P. Koutras, P. P. Filntisis, G. Potamianos, and P. Maragos,
Multi-view fusion for action recognition in child-robot interaction
In Proc. IEEE Int'l. Conf. on Image Processing (ICIP-2018), Athens, Greece, Oct. 2018.
- J. Hadfield, P. Koutras, N. Efthymiou, G. Potamianos, C.S. Tzafestas, and P. Maragos,
Object assembly guidance in child-robot interaction using RGB-D based 3D tracking,
In Proc. IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), Madrid, Spain, Oct. 2018.
- A. Tsiami, P. Koutras, N. Efthymiou, P. P. Filntisis, G. Potamianos, and P. Maragos,
Multi3: Multi-sensory Perception System for
Multi-modal Child Interaction with Multiple Robots,
In Proc. IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA-18), Brisbane, Australia, May 2018.
- A. Tsiami, P. P. Filntisis, N. Efthymiou, P. Koutras, G. Potamianos, and P. Maragos,
Far-Field Audio-Visual Scene Perception Of Multi-Party Human-Robot Interaction for Children and Adults,
In Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP-18), Calgary, Canada, Apr. 2018.
- A. Zlatintsi, P. Koutras, N. Efthymiou, P. Maragos, A. Potamianos and K. Pastra,
Quality Evaluation of Computational Models for Movie Summatization
In Proc. 7th Int'l. Workshop on Quality of Multimedia Experience (QoMEX-2015), Costa Navarino,
Messinia, Greece, May 2015.